Roland - TrueVIS VF2-640 Printer
The TrueVIS VF2-640 large format printer doesn’t just widen your color gamut, it takes your color completely off-the-chart with our richest and most vivid TrueVIS color output yet that allows you to perfectly target specific brand colors.
- Award-winning TR2 Inks feature new Green and Orange ink choices to target previously unreachable or difficult-to-match colors
- A smooth, seamless print operation with enhanced design, job sequences, software functions, operation panel and “two-mode” take-up unit
- 3M™ MCS™ Warranty and Avery Dennison™ ICS™ Warranty Program certified for added print confidence
Deliver Perfectly Branded Displays, Promos, Wraps and More
As part of the new generation of TrueVIS technology, the VF2-640 large format printer has been developed for unprecedented gamut expansion, exceptional close-up detail, and the unique ability to achieve both vividness and natural color reproduction. The VF2-640 answers the exact color requirements of your clients and rises above the quality standards of your competitors.
Our Best Ever Color Output with True Rich Color 2
The True Rich Color 2 preset in VersaWorks 6 RIP software takes full advantage of Greenguard Gold Certified TR2 Inks in CMYK, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, White, Orange and Green ink configurations. The off-the-chart color gamut of True Rich Color 2 maximizes the potential of both printer and ink for ultimate vibrancy combined with neutral greys, smooth gradations, and natural skin tones.
The Benefits of Green and Orange TR2
Pantone and Color Targeting Capabilities
Standard Pantone® and DIC colors can be quickly matched with accurate results using the Roland Color System Library. With approximately 260 new spot color references for Orange to Red areas and Blue to Green areas now available, specific targets which had been regarded as unreachable or difficult to match can now be easily achieved.
Green and Orange for Added Color Accuracy on Many Colors
A new “green territory of color” doesn’t just mean advanced green color matching. It equates to new areas of purples, reds, and other challenging hues. A new Multi-Process Color Function has also been developed for the VF2-640 to enable use of Orange and Green inks as process colors.
Quality Ink Certifications for Added Confidence and Assurance
Global print material providers, 3M and Avery Dennison offer warranty coverage for graphics printed with the VF2-640 and TR2 ink— with Avery Dennison offering warranty coverage for same day print, lamination and wrapping.
The combination of VF2-640 and new TR2* Ink is certified for long-lasting results under the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty. It provides your customers with assurance of the quality and reliability of their graphics. *The 3M™ MCS™ Warranty covers printing onto 3M products with standard TR2 inks.
The VF2-640 with new TR2** Ink is also certified by Avery Dennison’s ICS Performance Guarantee which provides added protection and warrants prints for same-day lamination. **The Avery Dennison™ ICS Performance Guarantee covers printing onto Avery Dennison products with standard TR2 inks.
- Improved Machine Operation With improved machine operation, the VF2-640 offers smooth production and print efficiency to help build your business.
- New Media Take-Up An included TUC4 take up system offers two modes to expertly handle everything from thin films to heavy canvas materials and provides take-up stability for a smooth post process.
- Nozzle Mask Function If a nozzle on the printhead is misfiring, minimize printer downtime by turning off a specific nozzle band to allow continued production.
- Roland DG Mobile Panel 2 A newly improved Bluetooth enabled mobile panel allows you to test print, clean and troubleshoot your VF2-640 from your tablet or smartphone.
Included VersaWorks 6 RIP Software
With the latest edition of the world’s most popular RIP software, you can effortlessly manage your print output.
- Improved speed and file handling with HARLEQUIN RIP dual core engine and 64-bit native processing
- Simplified new drag-and-drop interface to quickly add jobs to the print queue.
- Five print queues, five hot folders and unlimited queue settings.
- New Job Assistant function to layout and edit cut lines in VersaWorks 6 for dual machine print then cut workflows.
- All the advanced and easy cropping, tiling, nesting and other features of VersaWorks.
- Print, scan and transfer color values to get consistent color on matching Roland DG devices.
- Create cut data directly in VersaWorks 6 by extracting PDF data from your design file to use as a cut line— changing vector data into cut line data, merging multiple cut lines together, creating perf cut lines, and other intuitive features.
Built to Build Your Business
Multi-award winning TrueVIS technologies provide head-turning color and image quality to give you an edge over your competition. Engineered in Japan with uncompromising attention to detail and ever-lasting machine reliability, the VF2-640 was designed for passionate professionals like you, who need quality, dependability and versatility to build new levels of business success.
Roland DGA’s Industry-Leading Warranty and Support
For over 35 years, Roland DG has provided industry professionals with the most advanced and reliable machines, backed by unmatched customer service and technical support. The VF2 is supplied with a Two-Year Trouble-Free Warranty to give you added peace-of-mind and machine support.
- Printing Method: Piezo ink-jet method
- Media width: 10.2" to 64"
- Thickness: Max 39 mil (1.0mm) with liner
- Roll Diameter: Max 8.3"
- Roll Weight: 88 lb max.
- Printing Width: 63.6" max
- Ink Type: TR2 Ink - 500ml pouch (white 250ml)
- Ink Color Combinations:(defined at installation)
8 Color: - C,M,Y,K,Lk,Orange, Green, White
8 Color: - C,M,Y,K,Lc,Lm,Lk,White
8 Color: - C,M,Y,K,Lc,Lm,Lk, Orange
7 Color: - C,M,Y,K,Lk,Orange, Green
4 Color: - C,M,Y,K
- Print Resolution: 1200dpi max
- Power-saving features: Automatic Sleep Mode
- Power Requirements: 120V, 8.0A, 60HZ
- Power Consumption:
1090 W - printing
40 W - sleep mode
- Dimension: 116"W x 28.8:D x 51.6"H
- weight: 441 lbs
- Environment - printing: 68º to 90ºF - 35 to 80% RH
- Environment - Sleep Mode: 41º to 104ºF - 20 to 80% RH